La Casa de Jeronimo, Posada – Vacation Home, is a place for rest and relaxation, but we are also committed to promoting social responsibility. We actively engage the community to promote education, we also advocate for the respect and protection of children and teenagers, to prevent their abuse and sexual exploitation. As Stated in Law 1336 of 2009.
We also educate young girls about their responsibility in the prevention of unwanted pregnancies and disease. We collect clothing and shoes and distribute these items to the less fortunate.
Our Posada – Vacation Home, is committed to protecting the earth by creating an ECO-consciousness in our staff, travelers and the local population. Through our Natural Sanctuary “San Pacho”, registered with the Ministry of the Environment and Sustainable Development, and located 2370m above sea level, we aim to conserve and protect the diverse flora and fauna that belong to the Wet Mountain Forest, part of the high river basin of the Quindío River.
As Stated in Law 5 of 1999; Law 103 of 1991 and its Decree 904 of 1941; Law 397 of 1997 and its Decree 833 of 2002; Law of 1185 of 2008.
Some of our other endeavors include:
- We aim to have the unsightly cell towers located around the town removed.
- We are in the process of installing rain water collection points for use in the garden.
- We use solar lights in the gardens and front porch.
- We encourage guests and staff to conserve precious resources like water and energy.
- We help promote recycling and conservation.
- We do our part in the prevention of illegal traffic and commercialization of our unique natural heritage, as well as our precious fauna and flora species.